James, Nathan and I went to Idaho a couple of weeks ago to watch our nephew graduate from high school. We took Nathan with us because Sean hasn't missed a day of school this whole school year and I wasn't sure if there were bathrooms for Madison. She doesn't know how to potty in the woods just yet.
Anyway, It was great to see my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and that whole side of the family. The graduation didn't last too long, we got there the night of graduation, and as soon as it was over, we went up into the hills of Idaho and went camping up at Steck Park.
When we arrived up there, it was about 10pm and it was dark, so we were setting up our tent as best as we could with a flashlight. I didn't see the chairs I took out of the car, so as I was walking over to James, I had tripped right over the chairs and fell. I ended up injuring my left wrist, luckily just a sprang.
The next morning at 5:00am, we were woken up to something very loud! Scared the heck out of me because I didn't realize there were train tracks so close to the camp site! Whoever put the campground there next to the train tracks wasn't very smart. Especially when the conductor thought it was funny to blow his whistle about 6-7 times at 5:00am. Can you see the train by the trees there? That's how close the train was to us.
We got up and did some fishing in the morning. It was a bit overcast and the river was really low because they had dammed the river (is that right wording?) up stream to keep it from flooding the city. So we had to walk down quite a ways to fish in the river. We didn't catch anything and I snapped a few pictures but after awhile I got tired and started walking back up the hill, slipped and fell, hurting my left wrist again. The camera ended up taking a picture of what I tripped over, all by itself.
My wrist ended up being ok, I went back to camp, pretty annoyed. We went into town later that day so my brother-in-law could pick up the pig from the pig farmer that he was going to cook up for my nephew's graduation party on Saturday at the campground. My brother-in-law had built this massive smoker/grill for the city of Weiser and he borrows it whenever he needs it to BBQ on it. This thing was quite impressive and would definitely hold the pig nicely.
Saturday, my brother-in-law started the pig in the morning, the guys did a bit of fishing but didn't catch anything. I did a little bit of fishing, but I didn't stay down there too long this time. Later in the afternoon while we were waiting for my nephew to show up at the campground, my brother-in-law gave me a tattoo in his camper. He does that on the side, I wanted one anyway, and I was hoping he'd tattoo one for me. I got it on my right wrist of five stars, each representing my kids and my husband and I, each in our favorite color. The bigger stars are my kids and the two little ones are my husband and I.
Saturday night when the pig was ready, it seemed like people came from ALL over the place!! There were already a few of his friends there from Thursday night camping with us, but I was seeing people that I never met before. By the time dinner was done, they were long gone as well. What a turn out for the pig! And my nephew had also made it up there in time too.
Saturday night around 9pm we got some rain showers. The rain got pretty heavy so right around 10pm I headed to my tent and went to bed. It rained most of the night, and I was hoping that our tent wouldn't leak. It ended up holding up pretty nicely! The next morning, Sunday, turned out to be a goregous day. We got up early and packed up our bags and headed home... a long eight hour drive.







No comments:
Post a Comment