Friday, May 14, 2010

Photography. My old new found love.

Wow, I seriously can't believe I remembered my password to log into my blog. I haven't updated this thing in quite a few months and frankly, I guess I just forgot about it.

I haven't done a whole lot of scrapbooking lately. That has taken a backburner to my photography. I've been doing a lot in the photography world lately, learning so much and really having a great time. I'm self-taught with a bit of encouragement from friends who are amazing amateur photographers.

I had the chance in the past month to do an engagement shoot. They only had one request... to make them look like they are in love. And, I achieved that goal! They look completely happy and very much in love. Their pictures were very easy to take, considering how much they love each other.

The following weekend I was asked to take maternity photos for a friend. I was very excited to try and they came out perfect, just how I wanted them. I purchased the Adobe Lightroom and I added some touches to the maternity photos and I love how they were enhanced.

I usually don't take pictures for payment, but I suddenly have quite a large group of people willing to pay me to take their pictures. It's hard for me to accept since this is a huge passion of mine, but then again, every little bit helps. Especially if you are going to take pictures for a group of 18 people, like I will be doing in the next week! Yikes!! I'm quite nervous.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you some of my pictures. I'm really pleased with how they are looking. :)

























































Here are the pictures from the engagement....













Thanks so much for taking the time to check them out. I'll be sure to give a few more updates as I go along. :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hey Heidi

These are great pictures..there are so much love in them..I can really sense your love for photography :-)

Happy weekend and thank you so much for your kind words on my blog :-)