I apologize! I am a little behind because James and I were out shopping for gifts late last night and by the time we got home, I was so busy with other things that I completely forgot to post!
Anyway, enough excuses! For the blog hop, I made this adorable Advent calendar! I bought this right off of Amazon.com and it's from Karen Foster. This calendar came to me plain white. It's made of sturdy chipboard. What I love about this calendar is that you can make it for any occasion! A wedding, birthday, vacation countdown, and of course the holidays. And since this is the Holiday blog hop, I went with a Christmas theme! The numbers do come with the calendar and I used the K&Company Yuletide paper stack for the entire calendar. I used brads from Recollections. I'm not sure on the size of the brad. It doesn't mention the size on the package.
I took starter pictures, but I accidently deleted them off of my memory card! I know, that's not like me, but I've been rushing to get this thing done!
So, because I didn't take beginning pictures, as I said, this entire calendar comes in white. The size of the calendar is 8x8.5. The box does come with a template to trace to add your paper to the box's face, but I ended up tracing each little box and gluing the paper down on the box for accurate measurement.
The box's face is 1.5 inches and the box is 1.5 inches deep. Perfect for tiny little trinkets like Lego people, candy, or whatever else you want to place in it.
Here is the finished product!
I'm so happy that you stopped by! Be sure to check on over at Stacia's blog! Here's the link to her blog! http://happyandscrappytoo.blogspot.com/ If you started with my blog, you'll need to go to Amanda's blog first! Thank you! http://www.lovejoypaper.com/2011/12/handmade-holiday-blog-hop.html
Also, feel free to leave a comment. I will be picking a random winner for a special treat!


2 comments:
love this--I like how it all makes one picture--like the cardboard/candy advent calendars you can buy.
This is beautiful, Heidi! I love that you just used one piece of paper for the face of your boxes. It creates a wonderful mosaic effect!
Post a Comment